I just coached Jr through his first calm clear complex sentence; “Daddy can I have some more chocolate, please.” It was a sweet and innocent moment that I will remember well into old age…and also one I hope not to regret in coming weeks.
Some other recent moments from our vacation to Melbourne, Australia include;
- Washing my running clothes in the dishwasher. I had to do something with them I couldn’t leave them to ripen for three weeks! On a scale of effectiveness from 1-10 I give this solution a 7.
- This morning I went to change some towels with housekeeping who were working our floor and I locked myself out of our room…with Jr in it. Don’t worry it was only for a minute as housekeeping let me back in.
- Sticking with the sweet theme ice cream, cake and cookies for lunch but not on the same day.
- Paying $40 for three slices of meat for lunch yesterday. When Mrs. Daddio asked me what I thought of lunch I didn’t really know what to say.
- Playing in the ocean and collecting marine oddities. Opening up an oyster shell and having a hermit crab walk out. Getting the look from Mrs. Daddio.
- Creating hot meals of pita pizzas and chicken broth and noodles in the hotel microwave.
- Discovering that like the hermit crab Jr will spread out and occupy whatever shell he is in to capacity. Every day I clean the hotel room. On some days we also get the service staff to freshen it up. Every day Jr spreads out and trashes it. He does the same to his stroller. He did the same to our airplane seats. Yesterday he also did it to the backseat of the car that he and I shared.
Okay I’ve never done this before. I hope you like it. Here is a little photo journal of our first week in Melbourne, Australia.
Peace and love all.